Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pain, Pain go away,
Day after day I live in chronic pain.  I have fibromyalgia and all of its related symptons. Life has been tough in the last 3 years.  I lost my job of 12 yrs, my finances, my friends, my Dad, MY LIFE.  Everyday I wake up from my Ambien induced sleep, I realize my body has been invaded by this pain just trying to get out of bed.  Sometimes I wish I could just sleep forever and not wake up and have to deal with this invisible pain.  I usually dont want to get up out of bed, I lay there and think about when I didnt have pain in my life and feel sorry for myself.  Finally I get up and make my way down the stairs to make a cup of coffee. My knees creek and pop as I make my way down the steps slowly.  Somedays I go back to bed after my coffee, or I usually end up on the couch.  I dont feel like getting out or goin anywhere (depression and anxiety have set in) I have had panic attacks so I take clonzepam to help with blocking those panicky feelings so I can try to run errands, get prescriptions, a few groceries, etc. 
I am waiting for my appeal with Social Security to get my disability pay.  I have worked for over 35 years, I paid in, I deserve it but the govt makes you go through hoops to get what you deserve.  I have a lawyer handling my case, but it is such a SLOW process.  I am now waiting for 6-18mths to get a favorable appealed decision and get my back pay, which is now 2 years worth of benefits, (approx $35,000) so close, but so far.  I was approved by my city pension plan a year ago based on depression, not fibromyalgia, so I do get that disability benefit but $625 doesnt go very far in a month.
 I worry, what will I do once my money is gone, which I calculate will be in about 7-8 months.  Will I lose my home?  Where will I go?  This is what I worry about on a daily basis. I dont hold out much hope that the govt will get me  my favorable decision in 6 mths time and get me disability backpay and monthly payments. Im sure it will take the full 18 mths.
I do visit my psychologist once a month, she in fact told me that writing a blog would be good therapy for me so here I am starting out today with MY first blog.  That is all for today, maybe, just maybe, I will have a better day tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Keep writing, Lisa. It will help so much! Love and prayers to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dy, I am not a good writer but I think it will get easier/better as I go forward. Its hard for me to express my feelings, so hopefully this will let me open up and get me to accepting what my life has become, and to learn to be happy that I am alive and not sad/angry of what has changed my life. Im too young to give up!

      Delete
  2. Glad you are doing this, Lisa and I hope it helps bunches. Really think it will. May God bless you and take care of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete