Thursday, November 15, 2012

Insurance companies

Insurance companies for LTD (Long Term Disability) are a joke!  Really, I would never want to work for one of these companies.  They deny, deny, deny!  But this week, I did get a partial victory! I have fibromyalgia (chronic pain syndrome) as well as daily headaches and migraines, IBS, depression, anxiety, etc.  There is no lab test to prove you have this chronic pain syndrome.  But there is no test for depression either. 
I got a partial approval for my LTD claim based on....depression, not pain.  Granted I am glad it got approved but the lengthy letter (they dont use spell check, imagine that) that came with it explaining why is utterly laughable.  It stated that I got depression first, which is causing my pain.  Excuse me, I was diagnosed with Fibro in 1997, the depression wasnt diagnosed until 2009. 
Ins. companies manipulate the drs. records and data that is submitted.  They dont believe your drs., but they do believe their so called medical experts they use to review your claim.  Ok, how does a dr. I have never seen in my life know more about how bad I feel than 3 drs. that have seen me for almost 20 yrs and have medical records documented.  Explain that!  They basically are stating that my drs are "liars" and "incompetent" to make a diagnosis.  Whatever!
Insurance reform is needed, hopefully Obamacare will address some of these issues. These companies have to be raking in the money, they only payout about 2-3% of claims received.  But I imagine they dont pay their employees well, so it all goes to the top managment who dont pay the taxes they should!

No comments:

Post a Comment